Thursday, July 26, 2007

The Mindstorm Chronicles: Chapter Ten

The Mindstorm
Chronicles:

Chapter Ten

 

A work of fiction? A work of nonfiction? The work of insanity?
 
You decide.
 
 
Flashbacks. There were always flashbacks. About some world that I passed through where evil was everywhere, as if you'd just seen too much, and somehow your mind refused to let go of any of it. There was no real understanding it all, there was just going over it again and again in an effort to make sense of it. Every little detail, no matter how excruciating.
 
There would be no good way to describe it. Sort of like Invasion of the Body Snatchers, it didn't seem as though I were living in another world, it just seemed like all of a sudden everyone that I knew was living in some other world. Everyone was always hinting about something or another, but nobody would come out and say what was on their minds. But if I ever thought to ask them they had no idea what I was talking about. Later they wouldn't even remember the conversation, as if I'd been speaking to someone else entirely. Back then I didn't know very much about remote mind control weapons, I thought that they were probably all hypnotized by the media or something. Maybe it was both. No way would I ever have thought that these mind control people could just come into your home and dominate everyone. No way. But they did. As crazy as it sounds, as crazy as it seems, that's precisely what had happened. The government had synced my enviornment to my head. That's what I called it. Sometimes I called it mindsync.
 
Maybe it was that I really was insane ever since I was a kid. Maybe It was all really much crazier than I was admitting to myself. It was one thing to talk to the president in your head or the military men, or even with aliens for that matter. Back then it had gotten just as crazy as I allowed it to get.None of it was forced on me, but crazy was the only way to put it. Since aliens were such great telepaths, and since they could even connect you with anyone... well, being just a kid I wanted to talk to everyone. Why not?
 
Why not?
 
Why...
 
So, here I was after talking to the man from Tavistock, thinking about how there were Nazi spies and traitors in our government and such, and, well, I thought that maybe we could use all of the allies we could get... and so forth... So what did I do?
 
So I decided to talk to the Queen of England. It wasn't like I really took it all that seriously, until she was right there in my mind. And her presence felt just as real as if she were right in front of me as I sat on the ground behind our house in the mountains. Being only seven, I didn't really know too much about protocol or anything, but if she had actually been there I would have known to bow, that's about it. I wasn't sure what to call her, and she seemed at first to be absolutely stunned at this sort of shared vision we were having, and also very uncomfortable telling me what to call her. So I asked that somebody please tell me, and then a man entered into the conversation and informed me that the Queen was referred to as "Her Majesty". "Oh, yeah!" I thought. But then I didn't know what majesty really meant, except I thought it must mean really beautiful because of the American song we sang in school about "purple mountain's majesty". To this day whenever I think of Her Majesty I think of those purple mountains.
 
It was very difficult, you know. I had never talked to a Queen before and hadn't really ever thought about it. And she was just being very quiet, but I could tell that she was sort of shocked that this was happening. I didn't mean to make her uncomfortable or anything. Anyway, I think the man told me that I should ask permission to speak, which Her Majesty "granted", meaning that it was ok, I guessed. Well, I told her all about the Nazis in America. And said that we might need help here, and wanted to know if England would still be our ally. I tried to explain the best that I could. That I had talked to the man from Tavistock. And then I asked Her Majesty if she knew much about how the Nazis really were. She said that she was a young girl when all of that happened and didn't remember that much about it all. "Oh." I said. Maybe I should talk to someone older. Her Majesty said that she would do whatever she could, and she even granted me permission to work for her, in a kind of way, I guess. So that I would have friends there as well. After that I talked to the Queen's Mom.
 
The Queen's Mom, mmm, Queen Mum, the man said, seemed even more stunned by all of this than Her Majesty herself. You know, I hadn't really thought about that older people gave up thinking that leprechauns were possible a long time ago. And being only seven I didn't really know what adults thought about aliens. The more I tried to say anything to anyone the more I realized that my Mom was right, that I was never really as smart as I thought I was. There was just too much to know. Adults never seemed to think about it, but I was just amazed at how much they could remember.
 
The Queen Mum and I spoke about the situation for a little while. Her Majesty's Mum was very nice but didn't say much. In my mind I just saw a look of real surprise on her face, I was feeling a little bit guilty about that. Her Queen's Mum told me a little about what the war was like and how bad Nazis had been, and how dangerous they were. I asked her if she thought that I could trust the American government and she had a look on her face that just said "No way!" When this stuff happens, it was all new to me at the time, but when this stuff happens you can sort of feel what people are feeling. Anyway, some of the stuff that we talked about... it would be better if Her Majesty and Her Majesty's Mum told you, because it sounds even crazier than what I've told you so far. Really crazy. And I wouldn't want to get in trouble with Her Majesty and Her Majesty's Mum because they were so nice. I could tell by the man who was helping me say the right things that people in England take these things very seriously. I wish I could remember who he was. At first I thought he was a butler, but I think that he wasn't dressed like a butler. But he was a little upset by all of this. I didn't blame him. In a way, so was I. I decided to think about these things more before I jumped into them after that. It wasn't anything like playing pretend. Not even!
 
If all of that hadn't been enough, well, I mean, how often does a kid get to talk to anyone that he wants? That's when I became aware that the voice in my head who had been there right then wasn't an alien, but somebody named Michael. He said that people called him an angel, but really, seeing as how he was also like from another world, he was sort of like an alien, because, really? People didn't know much about angels. Well, I didn't either. But, you know, the President, the aliens, Her Majesty... why not? At the moment I was still wondering about kings and queens, and for some strange reason we began to talk about emperors too. Well, as long as I already sound this crazy, Michael let me talk to an Emperor that was from a long time ago. But it was really neat because he was about the same age as me. He was in China. He was so friendly, and he was really smart. He told me a lot of things, and he believed in reincarnation just like my Mom and me did. But he knew a lot more about that than I did. He even said that one day he would be me. That just made my head hurt. He was telling me all of these things that made my head hurt. A lot of it was very interesting but a lot of it was too much for me. Anyway, we had a great talk, he wanted to talk some more but I told him that I had to go lay down because my head hurt. But I couldn't stop thinking, even though I wanted to.
 
So I went in and laid down on the couch and Michael was sort of laughing and telling me not to worry so much, that I wouldn't be crazy or anything, and that he was going to show me more things and that everything was alright. I wasn't in trouble or anything. That's when I thought about angels, and how I really didn't know anything about them. He said that was ok, because, really, neither did anyone else. He was a sort of leader angel or something, so he got to do these things. Not all angels did these things. So, and I don't know why I thought this, but I asked if I could talk to God. He said that he'd be right back. A few minutes later he said that I could. But then I started thinking about that. I didn't know how to talk to Her Majesty, let alone God. Maybe I'd better wait, I thought. Michael thought that was a good idea. But I wanted to make sure that someday I could. He said that I could, and asked me when that would be. I said, well, whenever I was ready, and whenever I could make God proud of me. You know, God knows everything. And I fibbed sometimes. Michael just laughed. So does everybody else, he said. Sometimes it was ok. You know, like when you just didn't want to hurt sombody's feelings.
 
I guess I never really thoughtseriously about God before. Not like that anyway. It was a little scary. I wanted to think about something else for awhile. So we talked about something else for awhile. Cars, I think. And television. We didn't have a TV and I wanted one. But Michael told me that sometimes it was better to spend your time thinking, and I would be glad that I did. He finally convinced me. He said that a lot of things are how they should be if people only thought about it. He gave me some examples that I forget. But he was right. So I didn't ask for a TV, even though it was my favorite thing. My auntie said that I was watching TV before I was out of the... What do you call that thing? Baby seats. She put me in front of the TV in the baby seat when I was a new born baby and I couldn't stop watching. I even remember that. The man on the cooking show was trying to tell me something, but I couldn't understand what because I didn't know how to talk yet. I didn't know that the man was talking to everyone. But I don't think that he was really, because he stopped cooking and came right up to the camera and started talking away, and some woman came and took him by the arm and made him stop. Then they did a commercial. I think Michael does those things. It's not like he's being sneaky. It's just that, well, if he had to stop and explain everything to everybody all the time he'd never get anything done. That's what he told me. He just does a whole lot of things really fast, that's all...
 
That's... all?
 
Oh, man. Seven is so heavy. How did... Never mind. Yeah, Crazy. Sounds so freaking crazy. I don't like to think about it. If people ever found out that I used to think like that... How could I ever explain these things? Seven. My "little" alter. Mind control splits you up. So many different mes now. What's weird is that they weren't programmed mes. They happened spontaneously in a moment of crises. In a way. In a way some of them happened long before mind control. I remember it plainly. There I was, seven years old, sitting on the back steps of the house up the hill, telling this story to everyone from the future. I have too many alters to count anymore. And most of them are time anomalies. And Seven is the most powerful of all of them.
 
 
End Chapter Ten
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As always, this is a wonderful,refreshing read.
Thank you.
Keep them coming please!
Kindest regards,
Douglas Barton